Future of work
Funding is provided for projects that deal with the introduction of new technologies and their impact on employers and employees in working environments.
- Universities, research institutions, companies and transfer partners work together in joint R&D-projects. This fosters an appropriate transfer from research to application.
- Projects that specifically address regional characteristics and needs are supported, as well as projects that bring together the best actors on a supraregional level.
- A continuous funding line, "Innovative Working Environments in SMEs" (Innovative Arbeitswelten im Mittelstand), is designed to specifically address the challenges that face German SMEs.
- The focus is on the sustainable design of the working worlds of the future in the context of social and technological change
- Competence acquisition or competence management is a central cross-cutting theme of the programme.
Future of work ("Zukunft der Arbeit") is the successor programme of the same name to the ESF funding period 2014-2020.