Servicio de Ocupación de Cataluña, Autonomous Community of Catalonia
The Employment Service of Catalonia (Servicio de Occupación de Cataluña - SCO) as a public organisation is part of the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat de Catalunya). SCO
- contributes to employment,
- helps people to improve their position in the labour market,
- encourages lifelong learning, and
- contributes to improve company competitiveness.
In accordance with the National Strategic Reference Framework of Spain and the Strategic Agreement for Internationalisation, Quality Employment and Competitiveness of the Catalan Economy 2008-2011, the ESF Operational Programme has the following five priorities within its objective of regional competitiveness and employment:
- Promotion of entrepreneurial spirit and improvement of adaptability of employees, companies and employers,
- Improvement of employability, social inclusion and equality of women and men,
- Increase and improvement of human capital,
- Promtion of transnational and interregional cooperation,
- Technical assistance.
Further information can be obtained from the SOC Website.